Friday 10 April 2009

Oat Cookies


This simple living is not turning out to be as simple as I had thought. After a manic week sewing and fitting curtains and one day where I completely crashed and could not even tell you my name, I have finally got round to updating my blog. My good friend Sal thought that I should show the recipe for my Oat Cookies. (Actually it is my Mum's recipe). It's very easy and they always go down well as a gift. Maybe instead of an Easter egg.
Ingredients
100g margarine
75g castor sugar
50g oats
100g Self Raising flour
3 teaspoons of boiling water
1 teaspoon of golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
What to do!
*Cream the margarine and sugar together.
*Add the other dry ingredients and mix well..
*Add the liquid ingredients.
*Use a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a greased baking tray. Press lightly with the back of the spoon. Make sure that you leave plenty of space between each cookie.
*Cook for 15 - 20 minutes in a 140 degree oven.
Remove from oven and place immediately on a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ahha the famous cookies at last I have the recipe! Thank you Linda I shall make them soon and report back! :)

    ReplyDelete